In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our church is committed to:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture.
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Matthew King as the Parish Safeguarding Officer. Matthew can be contacted on 07554 445993.
For further information please go to the Diocese of Newcastle website: www.newcastle.anglican.org/safeguarding. You can download the leaflet “You will be listened to” at https:www.newcastle.anglican.org/documents/survivor-leaflet-you-will-be-listened/
The Church of England Safeguarding page: www.churchofengland.org/more/safeguarding.
Our Diocesan Safeguarding Team is headed by Ruth Rogan who can be contacted on 07825 167 016
Newcastle City Council Safeguarding Team Initial Response Team can be contacted on 0191 277 2500